"Green" Gear

Home Forums Hiking And Backpacking Gear Gear Guide "Green" Gear

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tree Top Flyer
    Participant

Admittedly I’m not one of those who’s panicking or honestly even seriously believe in Global Warming. I do however think living sustainable as much as possible is not only the intelligent thing to do for the Earth and kids but also makes good fiscal sense. With all the gear out there the market is doing a good job of making available products that are eco friendly, although it appears living responsibly cost a lot of cash.
    As a review I wanted to share my thoughts on REI. I bought a pair of pants and some climbing shoes with the gift card from my hike/trips points and REI made a good pair of pants. Easily my most favorite pants and as my wife would tell you, I don’t take it easy on clothes. These pants have been hiked in nonstop, submerged in the ocean, challenged by oyster beds, and been involved in a lot of yard work and play set construction and they’re holding up great. Not only are they tough (with exception of the side cargo pocket) they are really comfortable. I also have a pair of Columbia and The North Face pants and the REI pair beat the others by a mile. If you’re looking for a good pair of hikers, these are the one’s you’re looking for.
    REI Slickrock

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.