The Chattooga River Trail Podcast

Home Forums Hiking And Backpacking Long Distance Hiking Trails Chattooga River Trail The Chattooga River Trail Podcast

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BirdShooter
    Keymaster

In Episode 5 of the N2Backpacking podcast series, Ken Knight (aka The Weasel) discusses his experiences on the Chattooga River Trail which is a nearly forty mile route that borders the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia and follows the bank of the Chattooga National Wild And Scenic River from Burrell’s Ford to US 76.

In the podcast, we discuss four separate sections of the trail, some historical points (including Ellicott Rock and Commissioner Rock), some scenic waterfalls (including Spoonauger Falls and Kings Creek Falls), historical artifacts found along the river, night hiking and running in to hunting dogs on the trail, and why the Chattooga River is one of the most scenic areas in the Southeastern U.S.

Anonymous

Kudos to you! I hadn’t thhogut of that!

Anonymous

No more s***. All posts of this qaultiy from now on

Anonymous

I raelly appreciate free, succinct, reliable data like this.

Anonymous

Hi Hugh,You probably know me as GWatPE. I am in South Australia and have 2 wilnmidls and a fair bit of solar. The wilnmidls are my own design AxFx. The wilnmidls do supplement some of my power requirements, but wilnmidls in Australia are becoming less economic, considering how the cost of Solar panels continues to drop, in comparison to a windmill.My own wilnmidls are 4 and 5 years old now and are designed to last. I adopted a closed design, and soft furling. I have heard too many sad stories of turbine failure from runaway, burnout and Neo magnet cancer. Good luck with your ventures. Cheers, Gordon.

Anonymous

Sorry for the delay in replying to this post. Just found it oilnne The wooden texture squares with ridges I use to make the shards was one of those finds at a ceramics conference (NCECA) a few years ago. I don’t remember the vendor because it was an impulse buy at the last minute while rushing in-between demonstrations and lectures at the conference.I think I remember asking the woman what it was intended use was for, and she mentioned something about using it to create a texture on a handle for pottery Wish I had more info Will post if I come across them again!

Anonymous

Hi Muskwa, we have decided for now not to put idiuvidnals on the world map, just organisations and websites and the like. It’s a good idea to put your address on your profile and then make sure that your profile is visible to all and your location will be displayed on a map there.See this post for more

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.