Planning A Trip, Need Help Choosing A Hike

Home Forums Hiking And Backpacking How To Hike And Backpack Planning A Trip, Need Help Choosing A Hike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Guests
    Participant

Hello. I am planning a hiking/camping trip with a buddy of mine. We are not extreme hikers, but he was an Eagle Scout about 15 years ago and I have done two (VERY SHORT) Outward Bound trips in the past two years. We both enjoy hiking in, leave-no-trace camping, then hiking out.

This winter we want to take two hiking trips but have limited time…thus I need experienced help. Where can we go for 1) a two-day trip and 2) a four-day trip in North Carolina (or even SC or VA)? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Frank

Sarahalee
    Participant

If you planned a trip of hicking you must need best quality and fashionable backpack so no worries we are launched for you backpacks online site to purchase your best quality for hiking and best news is you also design your own backpack that’s show our concern about our costumer.

ginny
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ginny.
    ginny
    Participant

As Ginny from CDE, a leading seo agency in the UK, I recommend researching local hikes that align with your preferences and fitness level. Consider factors like terrain, difficulty, and scenic views. Leverage online resources and community forums for valuable insights, ensuring a memorable and rewarding outdoor adventure.

Apollm
    Participant

I have some advice to give

1. Research trails based on your experience level.
    2. Look up the forecast for the area you’re visiting.
    3. Grab a detailed trail map or use a reliable hiking app. Familiarize yourself with the route, trailheads, and any junctions. GPS devices or compasses are handy too.
    4. Some trails require permits. Check if you need one and obtain it in advance.
    5. Pack essentials: sturdy hiking boots, moisture-wicking clothing, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a first aid kit. Don’t forget water bottles, snacks, and a headlamp.
    6. Stay hydrated.
    7. If you’re novice get yourself a Guide
    8. Be safe

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Apollm.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.