Cell Phones

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Guests

I was on the trail this past weekend and passed two separate people using cell phones. It’s not like cell phones aren’t annoying enough in mainstream society (like when you are standing in line at the grocery and someone is basically screaming into the phone. What the hell? You can whisper in the thing and still be heard on the other end.) Regardless, cell phones have no business on the trail. I don’t go hiking into the wilderness to hear some idiot blab on the phone about their boyfriend problems. Besides, I can hear that in line at the grocery store anyway. If you are reading this and part of the problem, give me a break will you …..

driver
    Participant

well said. Electronics have only one function in the back country…rescue! That’s it Driver

hikingfan
    Participant

Completely agree with the both of you. Cell phones are for emergency only when I’m on a trial. Thankfully I have not come upon anyone gabbing on thier celly when I’ve been hiking.

Guests
    Participant

Yeah, I wish folks would leave the cell phones home, or at best only pull them out of the pack for a true emergency (in which case they may not work if the cell towers have been kept out of the woods -YEAH!), so I say leave ’em home. But I learned long ago that the world is not going the same direction that I am. Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.