Backpacking : Why is it Good?

Home Forums Hiking And Backpacking Trail Talk Backpacking : Why is it Good?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Guests
    Participant

Backpacking : Why is it Good? by Joseph Then.

Let me ask you a simple question. Have you ever thought of backpacking? Well, if you have been thinking of the adventure and fun you will have while backpacking, then you are at the right place. This article will offer tell you why you should backpack.

Firstly, we have to understand what backpacking is. Backpacking is a form of low-cost travel. In other words, backpacking is a way where you can travel around without using too much cash. But, you have to give up on luxuries like five star hotels and shopping.

You do not want to travel because no one wants to follow you? Well, don’t worry. You can go on your own. Let me tell you why.

One thing for sure; you won’t be alone for long. When you travel alone it does not mean it has to be a lonely trip. Here is the first tip on making friends while traveling.

The best tips I can offer you; the easiest way to make friends is to get involved in activities. Join a group of people to scuba dive. I am sure you’ll make friends there. Alternatively, simply strike up a conversation in the hostel. Make sure you do it with a smile. You can say something simple like ‘Hey guys I am on my own. Mind if I join you?’ Sounds very simple, right?

Do you have a hectic and busy life? Well, here is a good reason you can get out of it. Take a break; go backpacking. Leave all your problems at home and travel.

Well, if you have a serious relationship and you think that you need a break, you should take a time out and go backpacking. Another alternative is to set ground rules before setting off.

Traveling alone is never easy. The first step is always the hardest. You need to know what you are doing

You should do some read ups and research before going on your journey. Having a limited amount of money can be difficult but if you learn how to manage your money well, you should be fine.

The next reason why you should go backpacking is because it helps you become comfortable dealing with the unfamiliar. Traveling is hard for the first few weeks because you are dealing with constantly unfamiliar situations and surroundings.

I always carry a guide book or a book which translates English into a native language around. Trust me, it helps. This sounds corny but you can consider carrying a picture of your family with you, in case you get home sick.

Bringing home the different perspective of life is priceless. Some may be wondering why I say this. Simple, you have a first hand experience of different cultures and knowledge.

What more can you ask for? Gain as much knowledge by experiencing what locals do and how they spend their day.

Now that you know this, what are you waiting for? You should take this opportunity to get your mind relaxed.

Backpacking can be a great experience, whether you go alone or with friends. Avoid all the newbie’s errors by reading up a couple of Backpacking Tips. Go to this website and find out more about backpacking ==> backpackingtips.net

Article Source: bigfreearticles.com

FreakShow
    Participant

It’s good because it’s simple – food, shelter, water. That’s undervalued in this day and age.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.