PDF to Spanish Translator

Home Forums Hiking And Backpacking Gear PDF to Spanish Translator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EvanDuke
    Participant

Hi everyone! I have a question about translating PDF documents into Spanish using Translate.com. I’m planning to translate some study materials, and I’m not quite sure how well they do it. Have any of you tried this service? How accurately do they translate technical texts? Also wondering if there are any tips on formatting after translation. Any opinions would be appreciated!

thiefcrazy98
    Participant

I just used https://www.translate.com/services/pdf-translation/spanish to translate a PDF document into Spanish, and I can share my experience. In general, the process was quite simple: you upload a file, choose a language and wait for the service to translate it. But it’s worth noting that the quality of translation can vary depending on the complexity of the text. For example, if you have a document with technical terminology, the automatic translation may not always be accurate. I was translating a scientific article and some terms were translated incorrectly. This caused confusion, because in scientific texts it is important that every term is accurately translated. So, if you have a document with multi-level explanations or specialized vocabulary, it might be a good idea to consult a professional translator to avoid misunderstandings. As for formatting, I had some problems. After translation, tables and graphs looked a bit different than they should and I had to manually correct them in Word. PDFs can contain many elements that are not automatically handled correctly, so prepare yourself for the fact that you may have to fix the formatting.

tbes50203
    Participant

Thanks for the information, useful to know. I was also thinking of trying Translate.com for translating materials, but now I realize that I need to be careful with technical documents. Perhaps I should use it for simple texts and leave the complex ones for later. If anyone else has experience, would love to hear!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.