Multnomah Falls - Member Hike

Hike Name: Multnomah Falls
State: Oregon
Nearby Town: Portland, OR
Rating: 3 stars
Directions: Most Direct, 30 minutes:
From Portland take I-84 eastbound for approximately 30 miles. Follow signs and take exit 31 (an unusual left-side exit ramp) off I-84 to a parking area. Follow the path under the highway to reach the falls viewing area.

Scenic, 45 minutes:
From Portland take I-84 to exit 28 (Bridal Veil exit) and drive three miles east on the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Highway. You will pass other falls on your way.

Ultra - Scenic, 1 hour or more depending on stops:
Take I-84 eastbound to the Troutdale exit. Follow signs for the Scenic Loop drive. Follow the drive along the old Columbia River Highway, the first in our nation to be named a National Historic Landmark. On this route you can encounter breathtaking views of the Columbia Gorge, Mount Hood and several other famous waterfalls on your way to the Multnomah Falls parking area.
Total Hike Distance: 2.00 miles
Hike Difficulty: Easy
Permit Required: No
Hike Type: Roundtrip, Loop Hike
Hike Starts/Ends: Trail Head
Trails Used: Trail, Looping trail
Backcountry Campsites: No
Backcountry Water Sources: Streams, Rivers
Management: U.S. Forest Service
Contact Information: Multnomah Falls
Best Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Users: Hikers
Road Conditions: Primary Paved Roads
Hike Summary: Now, I would love to give this hike more stars than I did, but I can't! Since it is sooooo close to Portland, OR you best believe this hike has HEAVY traffic. So if you can put that aside, the waterfall is beautiful! You hike up so you can a few different views of the falls themselves. This is a really popular hike for families as well. If you have a group or people who want to enjoy the view without the hike that works but make sure they have a camera to get a cool picture of you on the bridge. Enjoy this hike but remember, it will be busy, busy, BUSY.

Map:

Hiker:

CarleyLouWho

7,750 points

Recommended

Trip Reports

There are no Trip Reports yet.

Comments

There are no comments yet.

Leave a Reply