Callaway Brothers Azalea Bowl Trail - Member Hike

Hike Name: Callaway Brothers Azalea Bowl Trail
State: Georgia
Nearby Town: Pine Mountain
Rating: 4 stars
Directions: Our entrance is on GA Hwy. 18.

Callaway Gardens is in Pine Mountain, Georgia, 60 minutes southwest of Atlanta and 30 minutes north of Columbus. Take I-85 South from Atlanta to I-185 and continue south to the U. S. Hwy. 27 exit. Turn left onto U. S. Hwy. 27 and drive south approximately 10 miles to Pine Mountain. Turn right onto Ga. Hwy. 354 West and proceed to Ga. Hwy. 18. Turn left into Callaway Gardens.

From the south on either I-85 or I-185, exit east on Hwy. 18 to Callaway Gardens.
Total Hike Distance: 1.20 miles
Hike Difficulty: Easy
Permit Required: No
Hike Type: In & Out, Backtrack Hike
Hike Starts/Ends: Callaway Brothers Azalea Bowl
Trails Used: Callaway Brothers Azalea Bowl Trail
Backcountry Campsites: No
Backcountry Water Sources: Lakes
Management: Private Property
Contact Information: www.callawaygardens.com
Best Season: Spring
Users: Hikers
Road Conditions: Primary Paved Roads
Hike Summary: According to the website this garden features approximately 850 native azaleas and 3,400 cultivated azaleas representing more than 100 varieties.

Another trail that is most beautiful in the spring when all of the azaleas cover the trail in colors ranging from white to orange to hot pink 🙂 Of course this is a beautiful trail all through out the year. Very interesting to see the different species of trees and shrubs. The trail takes you around Mirror Pond which reflects the colors of Spring and Fall, and from the arched bridge you can watch the gentle flow of water over the dam. This trail also takes you to the Chapel on the other side of the lake which is gorgeous! Beautiful stained glass windows right on the lake. Look for the turtles!

Hiker:

Drip Dry

5,850 points

Recommended

Trip Reports

There are no Trip Reports yet.

Comments

There are no comments yet.

Leave a Reply