Silver Falls State Park - Member Hike

Hike Name: Silver Falls State Park
State: Oregon
Nearby Town: Salem, OR
Rating: 5 stars
Directions: Find your way to Silver Falls from Interstate 5 by taking Exit 253 and turning east.
You will be on Highway 22 which runs from Bend to the Coast. Go east from Salem a few miles and take the Exit 7 offramp. At the stop sign turn left and go under Highway 22, then follow the signs. This is the main route to Silver Falls. It's about 24 miles to the Park from Salem.
Total Hike Distance: 10.00 miles
Hike Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
Permit Required: No
Hike Type: Roundtrip, Loop Hike
Hike Starts/Ends: Trail Heads
Trails Used: There are 10 water falls with trails to each one.
Backcountry Campsites: No
Backcountry Water Sources: Streams, Rivers
Management: State Park Service
Contact Information: Silver Falls State Park
Best Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Users: Hikers, Dogs
Road Conditions: Primary Paved Roads
Hike Summary: Wow is all I can say. If you do the entire hike it is about 10 miles long, but no worries, you don't have to. There are trail heads that start at the top and bottom of the park. It is best to take 2 cars if you are planning to do the entire hike and I am recommending that you do. But if you not no worries there are loops and in and out trails. There are 10 waterfalls that all very in size to huge to small little ones. You can walk behind some of the waterfalls as well. Go online and look at pictures of this because it will really push you to go. It is busy so be prepared to run into alot of people but it is still totally worth it. Wear good shoes and bring water and a hoodie because you have the chance to get a little wet when walking behind the falls. If I could give 10 stars I would!

Hiker:

CarleyLouWho

7,750 points

Recommended

Trip Reports

There are no Trip Reports yet.

Comments

There are no comments yet.

Leave a Reply