It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:54 pm 

The Appalachian Trail Thru Hiking documentary 'TREK; A Journey on the Appalachian Trail' is now available on DVD. It was orginally released in the winter on VHS only, and the DVD version has recently been released and is available on Amazon, and will shortly be available at REI. This film has been well received, and enjoyed by hikers, thru-hikers, and people who have never set foot on trail. The hour and forty minute feature follows the journey of four hikers, and also protrays many fellow Appalachian Trail hikers along the way. This film has been hailed as the most recent and accurate portrayl of life on trail. A trailer to the film can be found at www.CirqueVideo.com Thanks everyone who watched the VHS version and posted replies. I look forward to hearing from more fellow hikers, and hope everyone continues to enjoy TREK. Brian Burnham/Strider01 TREK team member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:25 am 

A great video. I also recommend the Black Sheep Production video from the early 90's. Hard too find, but a well done documentary on the Appalachain Trail. Out of print?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:19 pm 

It definitely represents the social aspects of the Trail, and I am a fan of any video that captures the thru-hiker experience. I have to say I am curious what these four guys in the video are doing now.