Private Postings

This is a general "around the campfire" forum where you can view or post any comments related to hiking or backpacking.
BirdShooter

Post by BirdShooter » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:06 am

Would you post more hikes and trip reports if there was a system in place where only approved members could see them? (They would be approved by you and allow you to build a inner circle of hiking friends). Just curious if it's worth creating this system at yourhikes.com.

Tree Top Flyer

Post by Tree Top Flyer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Birdshooter,
Speaking only for myself I say it's a good idea however, it wouldn't affect me personally as I like to keep it out there for everyone to make fun of.

TTF
KSVN, Ga
"Will this next deployment ever come so it can get over with and I can get up North and find some frigging trails that require some form of physical fitness?"
Tree Top Flyer
KSVN, Ga

Oshow

Post by Oshow » Thu May 29, 2008 3:25 am

Speakign for me, I'm not trying to hide anything from people. The reason I post hikes is so that people can see them.

TreeFrog

Post by TreeFrog » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 am

I suppose there are a few hikes I'd like to keep to myself - but the majority are fair game to the community.

BirdShooter

Post by BirdShooter » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:52 pm

It's going to cost me about $1600 to put this system in place, so unless I get some compelling interest from the member base - I'll put it on the tickler for when I hit the lottery.