Pine Log Creek Trail - West Loop - Member Hike

Hike Name: Pine Log Creek Trail - West Loop
State: Georgia
Nearby Town: Waleska
Rating: 4 stars
Directions: From the official Bartow County Parks site: From Exit 293 on I 75 turn right onto US 411 North. After about 7.5 miles turn right onto GA 140 East. Continue approximately 3.2 miles to Pine Log Creek Trail System parking area on left.

Alternately: From Canton, take GA 140 through Waleska. About 8 miles past Waleska, just after a series of sharp curves, look for the parking area on the right.
Total Hike Distance: 3.00 miles
Hike Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Permit Required: No
Hike Type: Roundtrip, Loop Hike
Hike Starts/Ends: Pine Log Creek Trail Parking Lot
Trails Used: West Loop
Backcountry Campsites: No
Backcountry Water Sources: Streams
Management: City Park Service
Contact Information: Bartow County, Georgia Park Services

770-387-5167

http://www.notatlanta.org/hiking.html
Best Season:
Users: Hikers, Dogs
Road Conditions: Primary Paved Roads, Maintained Gravel or Dirt Roads
Hike Summary: This trail has two loop trails, the West Loop and the East Loop, which are 4.5 miles combined. I only hiked the larger West Loop on this visit which appears to be about 3 miles. I chose to hike counter-clockwise, but I believe the trail would be equally satisfying hiked in either direction. Some of the more interesting trail is on the Southern side of the loop above the creek, with some nice boulders and rocky outcrops. The Western and Northern parts of the loop takes the hiker over several ridges with numerous switchbacks. Underbrush is sparse to nonexistent and views through the forest are quite beautiful. There are a couple of spots on the Western side of the loop that offer a long vista, one with a bench to rest and admire the view. The Northeastern and Eastern sections of the trail are relatively level with large banks of fern. There are blue blazes to help you keep on track where needed, but one thing that I appreciated in particular was the absence of blazes when the trail was obvious enough.

Photos on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/webjones/sets/72157608803346485/

Hiker:

Grey

1,000 points

Recommended

Trip Reports

There are no Trip Reports yet.

Comments

There are no comments yet.

Leave a Reply